Our unique business model allows us to deliver stunning, high quality furniture to our customers and this is winning us fans and customers at a tremendous rate. As we continue this growth we are on the lookout for incredible people to become our team member and help us reinvent the furniture industry.
See the current open positions below, and be sure to read all about us to get a sense of who we are and what we are all about.
If you think you'd be a great fit, we'd love to hear from you.
• Operations Research Analyst (Lyndhurst, NJ)
Use mathematical modeling and analytical methods to assist management in solving problems and clarifying management objectives. Formulate computational methods such as assessing risks, linear programming to determine maximization of profit and minimization of costs and stochastic-process to assess prices of materials, labor costs, interest rates and perform testing for validation of given models. Analyze company’s strategies for suppliers and customers to support its product positioning and sales in furniture market. Review and evaluate competitor’s services and marketing strategies and develop programs to respond to competitive action. Review matters related to logistics, cost & price analysis, compliance with import/export requirements, international shipments, etc. Write memos, reports and other documents to outline findings and make recommendations.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field. 2 year experience in the job or as a Business Analyst required. 40 hours/week, M-F.
• Accountant/Bookkeeper (Maternity Leave) (Woodbridge Ontario, Canada)
Located in Woodbridge, just north of Toronto, sohoConcept is a growing importer and distributor of modern and contemporary furniture destined for the residential, commercial and hospitality industries. We are looking for a skilled accountant/bookkeeper to fill a temporary position of 1-year. After 1 year, a contract may be offered in our sales/marketing department.
We need a professional and analytical employee capable of accomplishing various bookkeeping tasks utilizing QuickBooks and managing our front office requirements. The ideal candidate will also be able to answer basic customer inquiries about our products and services. If you feel your skill sets match our requirements please send in your resume.
• QuickBooks bookkeeping - including Invoice and Purchase Orders
• A/R – Follow up and ensure customer payments are current
• A/P – Record all vendor invoices and make timely payments
• General Ledger and Journal Entries
• Respond to client inquiries and provide relevant pricing and inventory
• Inventory maintenance and up keep of product list
• Preparation of Government remittances
• Month end bank reconciliation and year end accounting documentation
• Microsoft Office computer work including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Executive and Sales staff support
• Telephone reception
• Perform other general administrative duties as required
• Three years computerized bookkeeping experience (QuickBooks Software)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Comfortable answering phones and dealing with customers
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Highly organized, detail oriented and a team player
We will offer the right candidate a competitive salary as well as an opportunity to learn and advance in a growing industry.